Cold Brew Coffee Recipe!
What you need:
- Coffee (We prefer Caffeine and Kilos PR blend)
- French Press
- Anything you want to add flavor with
How you do it:
- Get your French press out and put 1-2 cups of the coffee in it. It’s really personal preference on how much you want to add.
- make sure the coffee is even distributed by mixing it up. This ensures the coffee is adequately steeped and doesn’t just sit at the top. Pour about half the water in the French press, mix and let it sit for about 2-5min, then pour the rest of the water in the French press.
- Let it sit for 12-24 hours checking and mixing it up two to three times during this process. We prefer to keep it refrigerated while letting it sit for 24 hours. This ensures a great taste and doesn’t allow for some of the acidic and bad tasting compounds to express early.
- When ready press the coffee into a container and it’s ready to drink! This will create a concentrate that is much higher in caffeine than what you’re probably used to so we recommend mixing it 1:1 with water. If you’re super sensitive to caffeine then dilute it even more.
It’s super easy to make and lasts about 1-2 weeks if refrigerated. For added flavor you can add coconut flakes, cinnamon, ginger etc. wile the coffee steeps the flavor from what you add will infuse as well creating a delicious treat!