Grilled Chicken and Pineapple!
Time to bust out some delicious grill recipes for summertime!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless;
- 1 zucchini, sliced;
- 1 bell pepper, chopped;
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced;
- 1 red onion, sliced;
Ingredients for the Teriyaki-style Sauce
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- Juice of 1 lemon;
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple juice;
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower the heat and let simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rub the chicken with 1/4 of the teriyaki sauce, and let marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket and grill until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grill the pineapple for 3 minutes per side.
- Slice the chicken breasts and pineapple, and serve on top of a bed of vegetables, with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
Check out more delicious recipes from the folks at Paleo Leap!