Start Your Day Smart with Paleo Eggs Benedict Breakfast!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so be sure to start it off the right way! Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a delicious eggs benedict from the guys at Paleo Leap!
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of hollandaise sauce (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Simple Vinaigrette (optional)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- 1 tsp. lemon juice;
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Make one cut into each slice of ham from the center to the side.
- Use each slice of ham to line a muffin cup like a cupcake wrapper, curling it in a circle around the edge of the cup (see photo above).
- Break an egg into each cup.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the egg and ham cups in the oven, and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, on medium-high heat, cook the red pepper until soft and crunchy using some Paleo cooking fat, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Whisk well, and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix the vinaigrette into the arugula and add the cooked red bell pepper.
- Once the eggs are cooked, divide the salad equally among the plates (about 1 cup per serving), then place two egg and ham cups on top of each plate.
- Add some hollandaise sauce to top the egg and ham cups and serve.