Ma! The MEATLOAF!
Ma! The Meatloaf! Mmmm comfort food! A delicious meatloaf with mushroom and easy to make from the folks at Paleo Leap!
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 3 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup homemade ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over a medium heat, melt the coconut oil, add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, salt, pepper, egg, onion, mushrooms, chili pepper, thyme, oregano and garlic. Mix well. Add the cooked mushrooms. It’s very important that the mushrooms are evenly distributed to ensure the loaf bonds well.
- Lightly grease loaf pan with additional coconut oil and fill with the meat mixture. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ketchup, honey and Worcestershire sauce to make the sauce for the top of the meatloaf.
- After cooking for 15 minutes, gently spread the sauce on the top of the loaf.
- Continue cooking for another 40 minutes.