Pumpkin Apple Spice Soup
- 6 cups pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apple chunks, peeled and cored
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat some cooking fat in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot, and apple, and cover with the chicken stock.
- Add the cumin, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a food processor, process in batches to the consistency of a purée.
- Bring the soup back to the saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk, combine and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Warm up the soup again a little bit.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon over top before serving.
Recipe from Paleoleap.com